Feb 14, 2014

Academix Martial Arts

Dan Hale has moved into his own facility. He has poured his heart and soul into it and I must say that it is coming along to be one of the nicest I have seen.

I have been to a few different gyms in my travels and I really would say that Dan is building a world class jiu jitsu Mecca.

Very Cool

From this....





To this...

And that doesn't include the striking area, juice bar, top notch change rooms with showers and a welcoming front entrance.

Official Grand opening is on March 22nd-23rd weekend with a Special guest instructor....

Gonna be epic...

Updates on the academy here...

Dan Hale BJJ Facebook page

Academix Martial Arts Facebook Page

and address...

2388 Fairview Street, 
Burlington, ON Canada 
L7R 2E4

West side of building, head down the stairs of the Soccer Store.



View Larger Map







i guess Steve took the picture...cause he ain't in it.!

Mike


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats to Dan for turning the space into a world class jiu jitsu center. How long did it take him to do that? Good luck on the upcoming grand opening! Looking forward to see those ass-kicking photos! ~Ari @ Infighting Fitness & MMA Academy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gym looks great. So wide...all our gyms are tiny here in Seoul with like a support beam in the middle of the mat. Hahaha.

    Anyways, I'm not sure what the best way to get in touch with you is so I'm leaving this comment. My name's Stephen Kim and I've been working on a website for the past year with a buddy called www.bjjcollective.com. Basically we crawl youtube for good technique videos and organize them all. The goal is to make a community based technique database that's free for anyone. Anyways, we have about 14,500 videos right now that are super organized into about 750 categories accessed through a UI. We'd love it if you took a look and told us what you think. We want to keep improving it through community feedback.

    Our facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/bjjcollective if you want to contact us there also.

    Sorry, I'm not trying to advertise in your comments or anything so please feel free to take this comment down after you read it. I hope I hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ve got some interesting points in this article. I would have never considered any of these if I didn’t come across this. Thanks!. BJJ

    ReplyDelete